New Product: Sun Dried Tomato Powder (with recipe)
Tomato powder is inexpensive, healthy and versatile. It has a flavor so rich; you won’t believe it, until you taste it. Its long shelf life allows you to always have a tomato sauce or paste at the ready.
It is especially helpful when you need a little extra tomato taste in your dish, without having to open an entire can. Even in certain seasons, when tomatoes are not very flavorful, sprinkle some on a pizza, bread, salad and even make your own homemade French, Russian or 1000 Island dressing. The powder can also be used to thicken sauces and stews etc…
Other uses for this powder include: Homemade tomato sauce/paste, Tomato juice from scratch, Marinara/Red meat/ Barbecue sauce, Spanish rice and Tomato soup (Perfect for those winter chills!)
Once you are stocked up with your Capedry Sun Dried Tomato Powder, try this delicious recipe:
SUNDRIED TOMATO CHICKEN CASEROLE (4-6)
- 3 x Chicken Breast Fillets (cut in halves/pieces)
- 50ml Olive Oil
- ½ red pepper, ½ green pepper & ½ yellow pepper
- 100g x Capedry Sundried Tomato Powder
- 1 x 250g punnet mushrooms
- 250ml cream
- ½ cream of chicken soup powder
- 50g tomato paste
- Salt, pepper and chicken spices to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 180°.
- Fry chicken breasts, flavored with salt, pepper & chicken spices, in the olive oil.
- Place in oven friendly bowl with fitted lid.
- Cut mushrooms and peppers in pieces and space on top of chicken pieces.
- Add Capedry Sundried Tomato Powder.
- Mix cream with chicken soup powder and tomato paste and add to dish.
- Place lid on and bake in pre heated oven at 180° for 45min. Take lid off and bake for another 15min.
*Serve with rice or pasta of your choice.